Friday, August 12, 2011

Recovery music?

So I had this giant cyst of death removed from my face on Wednesday. It was the first time in my life I was ever "put under" or have received stitches. Up to this point, in my near 30 years on earth the only surgery I'd ever had was when I had tubes put in my ears when I was 3. Needless to say, when I came home from the hospital I was rather out of it due to being put to sleep like an old animal whilst the awesome surgeons artfully and tastefully sliced and diced my face, leaving me with a pleasant vag-shaped scar on my cheek, which is kinda cool.

Anyhow, that first night home I was in a dream-like state a lot between shaking off the anesthesia and the Vicodin's I was nibbling on to keep the pain at bay. I wasn't awake but I wasn't sleeping either. I just was. I got REM's "Accelerate" LP in the mail that day and it came with a CD of the album, which I appreciated since I was in no state to listen to records. In my haze though I decided to load my 5 disc changer up with REM albums. What I ended up listening to that first night home was an oddly assortment of CD's, though it started out all REM.

1. REM - Accelerate - 2008
2. REM - Reveal - 2001
3. REM - Up - 1998
4. REM - New Adventures in Hi-Fi - 1996
5. REM - Around The Sun - 2004
6. REM - Automatic For The People - 1992
7. King Missile - Happy Hour - 1992
8. The Meat Puppets - Too High To Die - 1994

So towards the end there I had a little 8'th grade listening party going on as I listened to those last three albums a lot around that time.I am healed!Pouting Crapper Stache 8-20-11
-10 days after surgery. Now I have a tough persons scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment